Not MyCrew/Dups Issue Fix

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
erickelly
(@erickelly)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

An issue was brought up regarding Farragut Kirk showing up in both MyCrew and Not MyCrew, as well as some Not MyCrew Duplicates and something with Wanted Mariner.

This has all been fixed, and I'll explain in detail. This had nothing to do with the program that uploads your Crew from the game. It was human error (mostly mine).

There were three duplicate Crew showing up in NOT MyCrew. These were Rites of Separation Leeta, Farragut Kirk, and Wanted Mariner. When I add new Crew, the system is designed to automatically add that Crew to the NOT pile for everyone, as they haven't been released in-game yet. I messed up those three Crew I mentioned, and loaded them again, not taking into consideration that the first copy was already added to your NOT list. My bad, sorry.

From the database work I did, it looks like a handful of Captains fixed this on their own with the manual buttons, good job!

Wanted Mariner is another issue. Not only was she one of the duplicates, but she is listed as one of the few Crew no Captains have yet. According to the records, however, four of you have her in your MyCrew list. 

The explanation for this is most likely because the NOT MyCrew system depends on data that's included with Crew uploads from the game. If any of you added Wanted Mariner manually, then this would not show up on that list.

I'd also like to point out (because this happened to me), that if you pull Farragut Kirk (for example), immortalize him right away, then throw him in cryostasis - he would not show up as a member of your Crew. The files from the game we use for uploads do not include Crew in the vault.

I have fixed all the issues as far as I am aware. If there are any other Crew anomalies, please let me know in the comments or just message me here.

LLAP -erickelly

ADVERTISEMENT